Tuesday, June 26, 2007

home again & advance reading copies

I am back home from my trip to Washington, DC. I had a great time. It was hard to believe that there were over 20,000 librarians at the conference ... that is alot of librarians all in one place. :)
There were authors all over the place at the conference - I think I was most excited to see Judy Blume - I LOVED reading her books when I was in middle school.

I know that some of you might be wondering what advance reading copies of books that I managed to pick up. I immediately headed to the Little Brown booth - they are the publisher of all of Stephenie Meyer's books and I REALLY wanted a copy of Eclipse! But no luck - they were not giving out advance reading copies of that book - I guess I have to wait until it comes out in August.
Here is a list of advance reading copies I did get:
  • I'll ask you three times, are you OK? by Naomi Shihab Nye (great author!)
  • The Last Apprentice: Night of the Soul Stealer by Joseph Delaney (3rd in the series)
  • Memoirs of a teenage amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin (by the author of Elsewhere - I can't wait to read this one!)
  • Adam Canfield watch your back! by Michael Winerip (sequel to Adam Canfield of the Slash)
  • Guyaholic by Carolyn Mackler (by the author of Love and other four letter words)
  • The Breakup Bible by Melissa Kantor (by the author of If I have a wicked stepmother, where's my prince?)
  • Cover-Up by John Feinstein (by the author of Last Shot)
I got a few others by authors I didn't recognize ... I am anxious to read those as well. I will post as I read these... first on my list is Memoirs of a teenage amnesaic.


Keep commenting - let me know how your summer is going and what books you are reading! :)

No comments: