Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo


This book is a good example of why sometimes you might want to give a book a second chance. I tried reading this book last year and I just couldn't seem to enjoy reading it. I had heard from students that they really enjoyed it...so this past week I decided to give it a second chance. I am so glad that I did! It was a quick read, but such a touching story and the beautiful illustrations just made the novel more special.

from Barnes and Noble:
"It all starts simply: A china rabbit, a house, and a girl. And then one day, the rabbit, who is named Edward Tulane, disappears and begins a miraculous journey. Newbery medalist Kate diCamillo and artist Bagram Ibatoulline have created a piercingly beautiful story about love, loss, and the power to love again."

Happy reading! If you read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, comment on this post and let me know how you liked it. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" is a awesome book!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I loved it! It is a good book no matter how old you are. It takes a little bit to get into it but once you do you can't stop reading!

Anonymous said...

Same Here. I had to give this book a few times before I liked the book. I also like the cover.

Anonymous said...

my friend said that this book was amazing and that i should read it but i haven't gotten around it yet.