Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen


I find that most of Sarah Dessen's novels are predicable - but that doesn't stop me from reading them. :) I feel that this was one of her better novels - there was a bit more substance to the storyline.

from Barnes and Noble:

Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return.

That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future-it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?

Happy reading! If you read Lock and Key, comment on this post and let me know how you liked it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I loved this book! I enjoyed the ending, and thought it had a good hook.
See you soon!
Marisa