Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Wedding Planner's Daughter by Coleen Murtagh Paratore


I thought the plot of this book was a little predictable, but it was quick listen - I listened to this book in the car. I think my favorite thing about this book was that each chapter started with a quote from a book.

from Barnes and Noble:
Twelve-year-old Willa Havisham is a classics reader, a cherry-cordial eater, and quite possibly the world's worst wisher. But when she and her glamorous single mother, Stella, move to Bramble, Cape Cod, Willa's wishes begin to come true: She makes her first-ever best friend, Tina. She bonds with her hip, candy-making Nana. And best of all, steely Stella is falling for Willa's English teacher, Sam -- he's perfect dad material! But before Willa can marry off her mother, or dance with her adorable crush, Joseph, a pit gets stuck in the wishing well....
Can Willa undo the damage before Stella misses her chance to say "I do"?


Happy reading! If you read The Wedding Planner's Daughter, comment on this post and let me know how you liked it. :)

No comments: