Thursday, March 12, 2009

Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass


Ally, Bree, and Jack are different in many ways - the author managed to capture each character's concerns, dreams, and fears. Each chapter is told from a character's point of view. I thought the story dragged a little at times, but I am glad I stuck with it - I learned so much about the moon, stars, and what happens during a total eclipse. I also loved seeing how the characters changed and grew.

From Barnes and Noble:
Ally, Bree, and Jack meet at the one place the Great Eclipse can be seen in totality, each carrying the burden of their own problems, which become dim when compared to the task they embark upon and the friendship they find.

Happy Reading! If you read Every Soul a Star, comment on this post and let me know how you liked it! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

We read this for book club this summer, and I loved it. It was a slow start, but I'm so glad I kept on reading- it was definitely worth it!