Friday, July 27, 2007

Dairy Queen by Catherine Murdock


What can I say about Dairy Queen ... it is the perfect summer reading book! :) Many students had enjoyed reading this one so I was eager to see what it was all about. :)

D.J. Schwenk, a 15 year old girl, must do most of the work around her family farm when her dad injures his back. D.J. must juggle the work on the farm, dealing with a family that doesn't communicate, and also her best friend who is going through some things as well. In addition, D.J. (whose two old brothers are great football players) decides to train Brian, the rival high school quarterback. While she is training Brian, D.J. begins to discover that football might also be her passion. The narration and inner thoughts of D.J. hooked me in - I really enjoyed it! The sequel, The Off Season, is now out so I am also looking forward to continuing to read about D.J.

Happy reading! If you read Dairy Queen, comment on this post and let me know how you liked it. :)

No comments: